Elegant Shrimp Scampi Pasta Lightened Up
2 person (s)
18 min (s)
3 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta
12 cooked jumbo shrimp (~¾ pound)
⅓ cup reduced-fat butter
¼ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 cup white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Chives or parsley for garnish, optional
1. Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Cook the pasta al dente (not overcooked). Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a pan. Add the salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the white wine and lemon juice. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to ¾ cup.
3. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Saute until a little thicken.
4. Add in the cooked shrimp and saute until heated through.
5. To plate-divide the pasta among two plates. Divide and spoon the shrimp scampi on top of the pasta. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley, if desired.
6. Serve immediately.