HOW TO BUTTERFLY A LOBSTER TAIL
Cooking our Jumbo Lobster Tails is simple and worth it! These tails are delicious and each one feeds 2-4 people. There are several cooking methods you can choose from, all are tasty and will impress your dinner guests, but butterflying a lobster tail is a method used most often by restaurants.
What you will need:
- 1 (or more) Jumbo Lobster Tails
- Kitchen Shears
- Defrost your lobster tail
- Cut right at the top of the shell, cutting down the center to the base of the tail—but don't cut through the tail. Cut only the shell, not the meat.
- Grab each side of the shell, and gently pull the shell away from the meat.
- Once the meat is freed, grab the meat, squeeze the shell together to close the gap and lay the meat on top of the shell.
- Cut a small slit on top of the meat.
- Grab the loose part of the meat on the sides and fold over the shell
- Drizzle with your favorite Lobster marinade (we like melted butter, dash of garlic powder, squirt of lemon juice, and pepper)
- Move the lobster tails to a pan and bake at 450 degrees for 35minutes+. Baste tail with marinade half way through cooking.
Cooking times vary, so watch that you Lobster Tail does not burn!