Olive Oil-Poached Halibut with Olives, Capers, and Artichokes
4 person (s)
30 min (s)
- 3 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemons
- 24 ounces halibut fillets, cut into 4 pieces
Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan with a cover until it is very hot but not boiling. Try to ensure that the saucepan is just large enough for the halibut to fit and be submerged, but not so large that you need more olive oil.
- Reduce the heat on the saucepan to a medium simmer. Add the next 4 ingredients to the saucepan, squeeze 1 of the lemons into the pan, and add a dash of salt. Let the ingredients cook in the oil for 10 minutes (or longer if you would like the flavor to be stronger).
- Remove as much of the olives, capers, artichokes, and tomatoes from the olive oil (so as not to crowd the pan) and put aside. Add in the halibut fillets, making sure that they are entirely submerged in the oil. If they are not, you can add more oil but make sure to bring the heat level back up to keep it hot. Let the halibut cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with another dash of salt on the fish and surrounded by the other ingredients.