Soy Sauce-Poached Halibut Cheeks
2 person (s)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 tablespoons water
- 1 pound halibut cheeks
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Mix the soy sauce, mirin, lemon juice, and water together. Adjust to taste. Then place in a saucepot and bring to a boil.
- Quickly blanch the halibut cheeks in the hot water (30 seconds). Then place in the boiling soy sauce mixture, cover with a clean paper towel (to soak in and spread the sauce), and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until translucent in the middle.
- Remove the cheeks and top with the slices of scallion.