1.5 - 2 lbs per person
30 min (s)
- 1/3 cup corn meal
- 1 ½ lbs. of Fresh Large Local Mussels
- Step 1: Clean mussels in cold water with 1/3 cup corn meal for 20 minutes
- Step 2: Mussels should be “bearded” which means to remove the wisp of nesting material found on most locally harvested mussels
- Step 3: Simple grasp the mussel with your thumb and forefinger, the mussel should pull easily and neatly.
- Step 1: Use a large pot with close fitting lid for steaming to keep them tender.
- Step 2: First fill pot halfway with water, bring water to boil with desired seasonings.
- Step 3: Add Mussels reduce heat by 1/3 and steam for 8 to 10 minutes
- Step 4: Remove from heat
- Step 5: Serve at once using the cooking liquid as a dipping sauce or serve with drawn butter.