Andrea’s Citrus Tarragon Crab Cake
- Sauté chopped onion in olive oil over medium heat in skillet until golden brown (4 minutes). Season with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl mix crab meat, lemon juice and zest and mayo. Add 3/4 cup of the fresh bread crumbs. If it is still too moist add the last 1/4 cup. Add tarragon and cilantro and cooled onions.
- Form into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pan fry crab cakes in skillet until golden brown over medium high heat. Use either a high heat oil (grape seed or coconut oil) or clarified butter. If crab cakes are thick place lid on pan to ensure the center warms. It should take approximately 4-6 minutes on each side to golden.
- Plate up and serve with a bed of greens and garlic herb aioli.
- *Wine that pairs well: Crisp Chinon Blanc, Sav Blanc, Champagne or Pinot Blanc
*Make bread crumbs with a good quality fresh baguette. Chop bread into 1/2 inch chunks then add to food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
Serving 6-8, 1 hour total to prep and cook
Recipe by Andrea of www.EatSeattleTours.com.
Items for this recipe
You May Also Enjoy These Products