Andrea’s Citrus Tarragon Crab Cake
- 1 lb Fancy Dungeness Crab Meat
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Sweet Walla Walla Onion
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon (stemmed and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro (stemmed and chopped)
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1 C Bread crumbs
- 1/2 C Mayonaisse
- Sea salt & pepper to taste (Andrea prefers a dash of white pepper which is stronger than black)
*Make bread crumbs with a good quality fresh baguette. Chop bread into 1/2 inch chunks then add to food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
- Sauté chopped onion in olive oil over medium heat in skillet until golden brown (4 minutes). Season with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl mix crab meat, lemon juice and zest and mayo. Add 3/4 cup of the fresh bread crumbs. If it is still too moist add the last 1/4 cup. Add tarragon and cilantro and cooled onions.
- Form into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pan fry crab cakes in skillet until golden brown over medium high heat. Use either a high heat oil (grape seed or coconut oil) or clarified butter. If crab cakes are thick place lid on pan to ensure the center warms. It should take approximately 4-6 minutes on each side to golden.
- Plate up and serve with a bed of greens and garlic herb aioli.
- *Wine that pairs well: Crisp Chinon Blanc, Sav Blanc, Champagne or Pinot Blanc
Serving 6-8, 1 hour total to prep and cook
Recipe by Andrea of Eat Seattle.
Items for this recipe
You May Also Enjoy These Products
Seared Salmon with Roasted Garlic Parsnip Puree and Asparagus by 10 Day Health Challenge.
Lemony Halibut with Bitter Greens and Fennel Salad by 10 Day Health Challenge.