Cedar Plank Oven-Baked Salmon
- 2-3 lbs Salmon Fillets, fresh
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Mustard, wholegrain
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- ⅓ cup Canola oil
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- 2 each Cedar Planks, soaked
- Soak plank for 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zip top bag or mixing bowl, place water, brown sugar, pepper, mustard, and garlic and mix.
- Place fish in bag and close tight. I would recommend putting the bag or bags in a dish so it doesn’t leak in the fridge. Marinate for 2-4 hrs.
- When you are ready to cook, place the fish on the planks and then into the oven. Cook until just firm to the touch or desired doneness - about 10-14 minutes. (If you have an instant read thermometer cook salmon to about 135˚.)
Serves 4-6 people
Recipe by Chef Wayne Johnson of Eat Seattle.
Items for this recipe
You May Also Enjoy These Products