Recipe submitted by
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chile flakes, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 pound halibut fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, herbs, and chile flakes. Mix together to combine. Spread the mixture evenly on a plate.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg. Add the honey mustard and whisk again to combine.
- Dip the halibut in the egg mixture and coat both sides of the fillet. Then, evenly coat the fillet with the breadcrumb and almond mixture.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a cast-iron pan or other oven-safe frying pan. Brown one side of the fish over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Flip the fillet and place the pan in the oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes, checking at regular intervals after 5 minutes to make sure the fish doesn't dry out.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Items for this recipe
Just in case you will forget about...