Almond Crusted Salmon with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 2 pieces of salmon (4-6 oz. each)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 T honey
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 t of olive oil, the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and Dijon mustard. Brush the honey mixture over the top of the salmon
- Sprinkle the top with almonds so they stick in place.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the remaining olive oil and more salt and pepper.
- Begin roasting the Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes on one side of the pan. Remove from the oven, toss, and add the salmon to the other side of the pan.
- Bake everything for 15-18 minutes, until salmon is cooked through and Brussels sprouts are al dente (not overcooked). Remove from heat and zest everything with more lemon, if desired.
Recipe notes: Ever had raw Brussels sprouts? Instead of roasting them, try shredding the two cups of Brussels sprouts in a food processor so they resemble coleslaw (or use a knife). Add a cup of finely chopped kale. Using clean hands, massage in half a ripe avocado, a squeeze of lemon, 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast salt, and pepper. Serve salmon on top of the massaged Brussels salad.
Serve 1 piece of salmon and the brussels over a bed of mixed greens.
Recipe by 10 Day Health Challenge.
Recipe photo by Rosa Delgado.