Asian Style Teriyaki Salmon Spinach Salad
Wasabi Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup Nancy’s Skinny Ranch Dressing or a store bought reduced-fat ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1½ teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
Salmon and Salad Ingredients
- 4 pieces of salmon filet, about 4 ounces each and 1-inch thick (see prep tip)
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade (I like Kikkoman brand, less-sodium)
- 2 lemons
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1½ cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1½ cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- To Make Wasabi Dressing: Prepare Nancy’s Skinny Ranch Dressing. In a small bowl, add ½ cup ranch dressing and all the remaining dressing ingredients. Whisk together until well blended. Store in the refrigerator to thicken and until ready to use. Store the remaining ranch dressing in the fridge for other uses.
- Add salmon to a bowl or deep dish and pour ¼ cup marinade over it. Squeeze 1 lemon over marinade. Place salmon in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to several hours.
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking pan with foil. Place salmon on the baking pan. Discard marinade. Pour a little fresh teriyaki marinade on top of salmon and squeeze with more lemon.
- Broil for about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and pour a little more marinade, lemon juice and broil for about 4 to 5 minutes more. Check to make sure salmon is cooked through.
- In a large bowl add the salad ingredients. Toss with most of the dressing. Add remaining, if desired.
- Divide salad among 4 dinner plates. Place a piece of salmon on top of each salad.
- Serve at once.
Recipe submitted by
Items for this recipe
You May Also Enjoy These Products