Black Tiger Prawns with Asparagus and Saffron
- 1 Sauté pan
- 1 9’ Skillet
- 4 oz. Whole Butter
- 0.5 oz. Sliced Shallots
- 0.25 oz. Chopped Garlic
- 16 count Black Tiger Prawns
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 oz. Brandy
- 2 oz. White Wine
- 2 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Salt and White Pepper
- 12 pieces of Asparagus tips “blanched”
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Step 1: Heat a sauté pan, add 1 oz. of butter with shallots and garlic sauté for 1 minute.
- Step 2: Add the prawns and saffron, season with salt and white pepper
- Step 3: Invert prawns and deglaze pan with brandy and flame.
- Step 4: Add white wine and cream, swirl pan to incorporate and reduce by ½.
- Step 5:Add asparagus and remaining butter.
- Step 6: Remove from heat, continue to stir until the butter is melted and emulsified into the sauce.
- Step 7: Add lemon juice and check seasoning.
- Step 8: Arrange prawns on 2 plates, pour sauce over and garnish with frizee.
Recipe submitted by
Pure Food Fish
Items for this recipe
Just in case you will forget about...