Butterfly a Lobster Tail
- 1 (or more) Jumbo Lobster Tails
- Kitchen Shears
- Defrost your lobster tail.
- Cut right at the top of the shell, cutting down the center to the base of the tail—but don't cut through the tail. Cut only the shell, not the meat.
- Grab each side of the shell, and gently pull the shell away from the meat.
- Once the meat is freed, grab the meat, squeeze the shell together to close the gap and lay the meat on top of the shell.
- Cut a small slit on top of the meat.
- Grab the loose part of the meat on the sides and fold over the shell.
- Drizzle with your favorite Lobster marinade (we like melted butter, dash of garlic powder, squirt of lemon juice, and pepper).
- Move the lobster tails to a pan and bake at 450 degrees for 35 minutes+. Baste tail with marinade half way through cooking.
Cooking times vary, so watch that your Lobster Tail does not burn!
Items for this recipe
You May Also Enjoy These Products
Recipe and photo by Renee Frojo. http://makeitlikeachef.com/