Cedar Planked Salmon from the Grill
Recipe submitted by Richard Hoage
Photo from www.thekitchn.com
- 1 Cedar Grilling Plank
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons, choice of chardonnay, bourbon, or whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 pound salmon fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Soak your Cedar Grilling Plank in clean water for at least one hour before use.
- Combine all liquids and dry ingredients in a bowl; reserve lemon juice. Blend and set marinade aside.
- Remove any pinbones from salmon. Leave whole or cut into individual servings. Place into a shallow dish, add marinade, and turn to coat. Cover and let sit 20 minutes.
- Preheat plank. Carefully lift lid and place salmon, skin down, on plank. Return the lid and let hot-smoke for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Glaze: Transfer marinade to a small sauce pan. Gently simmer on stovetop until reduced by half. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Brush or drizzle onto salmon before serving.
Items for this recipe
Just in case you will forget about...