Cioppino (Italian Fisherman's Stew)
Recipe submitted by Serena Burns of www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Diced
- 1 whole Fennel Stalk Fronds Removed And Fennel Bulb Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 teaspoons Fennel Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 2 cups White Wine
- 56 ounces Canned Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 whole Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes (Optional Or To Taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 pound Firm Fish Like Snapper Or Salmon
- 3/4 pound Calamari
- 2 pounds Mussels, Clams Or A Combination
- 2 pounds Crab, Cut Into Pieces To Fit Into Bowls
- 1 pound Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
- 1/2 pound Bay Scallops
- 1 whole Lemon, Sliced
- Saute onion, fennel, celery, minced garlic, fennel seeds, rosemary and oregano in extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat until fragrant and softened. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add white wine, canned tomatoes, bell pepper, a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional) and sea salt. Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and return to a simmer.
- Add firm white fish, calamari, mussels, clams and crab, return to a simmer and cook until mussels and clams open, about 5-10 minutes. Add bay scallops and shrimp, cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through. About 2 minutes.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.
Items for this recipe
Just in case you will forget about...