Elegant Shrimp Scampi Pasta Lightened Up
- 3 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 12 cooked jumbo shrimp (~¾ pound)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Chives or parsley for garnish, optional
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Cook the pasta al dente (not overcooked). Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a pan. Add the salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the white wine and lemon juice. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to ¾ cup.
- Add the flour and whisk until combined. Saute until a little thicken.
- Add in the cooked shrimp and saute until heated through.
- To plate-divide the pasta among two plates. Divide and spoon the shrimp scampi on top of the pasta. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Items for this recipe
Just in case you will forget about...