Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 12 each Skewers, 12”
- 3 each Red Bell Pepper
- 3 each Green Bell Pepper
- 2 each Red Onion
- 2 each Lemons
- 36 each Shrimp, 16-20
- Prepare your grill to a medium high heat, so it will be hot when you are ready to grill your skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 2 hours or overnight.)
- Prepare vegetables by cutting into 2” squares (about 36 pieces of each vegetable.
- Cut each lemon into 8 wedges and then cut the wedges in half crosswise for 36 pieces.
- Start building the skewer. Skewer through the center on the red pepper, then the green pepper, the lemon, the red onion, then the Shrimp. Continue this until you have three sets on one skewer. Do the same with the rest of the skewers until you have a total of 12 full skewers.
- When you are ready to grill the skewers, lightly brush with canola oil and season with salt and pepper or brush with your favorite teriyaki, bbq sauce or sweet and spicy sauce.
- Place skewers on grill for about 3-4 minutes a side, once grilled and the shrimps have turned slight pink and are firm to touch, remove to a platter and serve with some season grilled vegetables.
Recipe by Chef Wayne Johnson of Eat Seattle.