Poached Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
- 6 quarts water
- 2 each Bay Leaves
- ½ cup White Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp Salt, kosher
- 2 Tbsp Peppercorns, black
- 2 lbs Shrimp
- Bring water to a boil with bay leaves, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, peppercorns and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare an ice water bath (2 quarts ice and 2 quarts water)
- Add shrimp, stir and allow water to come back to a boil (shrimp should be done at this time). Simmer shrimp until slightly pink and firm.
- Immediately remove Shrimp and put into an ice water bath to cool. Once cool remove shrimp from ice and serve with cocktail sauce.
Recipe by Chef Wayne Johnson of Eat Seattle.