The Perfect Crab Cake
Recipe and photo from www.wannabite.com
- 1 lb of Fresh shelled crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup of light mayo
- 1 tbs of garlic and herb Old Bay seasoning
- 2 sage leaves
- ½ bundle of cilantro
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbs of fresh thyme
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- 2 tbs of butter
- Finely chop all herbs together, and then chop the onion. Set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan to medium low heat, and put about ¼ inch of oil in pan with 2 tbs of butter and allow to heat up until you can put the end of a wooden spoon into the oil and it bubbles up around the spoon or about 350 degrees.
- Mix together herbs, mayo, yogurt, old bay and egg stirring to fully incorporate.
- Then add in crab, followed by onion, and then panko.
- Form into patties. Place into oil, I did four at a time, so I didn’t overcrowd the pan.
- Cook on both sides until brown and slightly firm.
Items for this recipe
You May Also Enjoy These Products
Delicious, easy shrimp tacos that are perfect for any night!
This is another recipe that probably isn't authentic since I kind of did my own thing, but it was delicious.
Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Grilled romaine hearts are absolutely divine. A super easy, quick, and healthy meal. Elegant enough for company.