The Perfect Crab Cake
Recipe and photo from www.wannabite.com
- 1 lb of Fresh shelled crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup of light mayo
- 1 tbs of garlic and herb Old Bay seasoning
- 2 sage leaves
- ½ bundle of cilantro
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbs of fresh thyme
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- 2 tbs of butter
- Finely chop all herbs together, and then chop the onion. Set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan to medium low heat, and put about ¼ inch of oil in pan with 2 tbs of butter and allow to heat up until you can put the end of a wooden spoon into the oil and it bubbles up around the spoon or about 350 degrees.
- Mix together herbs, mayo, yogurt, old bay and egg stirring to fully incorporate.
- Then add in crab, followed by onion, and then panko.
- Form into patties. Place into oil, I did four at a time, so I didn’t overcrowd the pan.
- Cook on both sides until brown and slightly firm.
Items for this recipe
You May Also Enjoy These Products