- 4-5 halibut cheeks, roughly 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Heat a cast-iron or heavy duty pan over high heat. Meanwhile, coat the room-temperature cheeks with 1 tablespoon of oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and add the cheeks to the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until it starts to whiten on the sides. Flip, wait 30 seconds, and then remove from the heat, leaving them in the pan to finish cooking for another couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette by combining the lemon juice, salt, pepper, basil, and then the remaining olive oil. Whisk to combine, seasoning as needed. Plate the cheeks, gently pouring the vinaigrette on top. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by
Yasmin Fahr, The Daily Meal