For all things Fresh Seafood, cooking inspiration, and more!
Crab Legs Facts & Tips
- You should allow frozen crab to thaw in your refrigerator overnight before cooking and/or consuming.
- The majority of crab cooking processes require a brief re-heat time of 5-10 minutes because our king crab has already been cooked.
- King crab should be added to stews and soups around the last 5 minutes of the cooking process.
Cooking Frozen King Crab Legs
Most frozen crab legs are already pre-cooked so they will just need to be heated. When cooking frozen crab legs, we recommend that you place them in a colander or steamer over rapidly boiling water. The pot should be about one-third of the way filled with water. You will need to cover the pot and steam your frozen crab legs for about ten minutes or until they are completely heated.
Steaming King Crab Legs
When steaming pre-cooked Alaskan king crab legs, simply place two cups of water and a tablespoon of salt in a pot and bring it to a boil. Place the crab legs in the pot on a rack over the boiling water. When the water starts to boil again, cover with a lid and cook for about six minutes or until they begin to omit a “cooked odor."
Boiled King Crab Legs
To boil crab legs, simply fill a large saucepan half full of cold water and bring to a boil. Add a tablespoon of salt and the seasoning of your choice, if any. When the water begins to boil, add the crab legs and reduce the heat to medium. Allow them to simmer for about six minutes. Take the crab legs out of the water, rinse and they will be ready to eat.
Baked King Crab Legs
To bake crab legs, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the crab legs in a shallow baking pan in single layers. Place hot water in the pan about 1/8 of an inch deep. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for eight to ten minutes.
Grilled King Crab Legs
To grill crab legs you need to brush olive oil on all sides of the crab legs to prevent them from sticking. Then place the crab legs on a hot grill of 300 degrees for about five minutes, turn over and cook for another five minutes until they are heated all the way through. Remove from the grill and serve with butter or sauce.
How to Store Crab
Our crab can be stored in the refrigerator and still maintain it's flavor and freshness for 1-2 days. It can save in the freezer for up to three months and still remain tasty.
- Refrigerate your crab within two hours of cooking it.
- Refrigerate cooked crab by placing it in a dish with saran wrap loosely over the top. Place ice on top of the saran wrap to keep freshness.
- To freeze, place the cooked crabs in heavy-duty freezer bags or airtight plastic containers.