Baked Whole King Salmon Fillet
- 3 lbs Salmon Fillet, 1 ¼-1 ½ “ thick, skin on, pin bones removed
- 6 Tbsp Moruno Rub (recipe to follow)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, light
- 4 Tbsp Salt, kosher
- Adjust oven rack to top position and heat oven to 400˚. Blend moruno, brown sugar and salt until well incorporated.
- Place salmon on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet, rub the moruno blend mixture all over the flesh side of the salmon, make cuts through the salmon crosswise (about 2” apart, into 8 pieces) just to the skin, but not cutting through the skin. Let salmon rest at room temperature about 15 minutes until the dry mixture has become moist.
- Place the salmon in the oven on the top rack for about 15-20 minutes (until internal temperature reaches 135˚). Remove from the oven tent the salmon with foil and rest for 8-10 minutes. To serve slide a spatula under each piece of fish and move to individual plates. Serve with rice and seasonal vegetables.
Moruno Rub Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Thyme, dry
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Oregano, dry
- 1 tsp Garlic, granulated
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, Black, fresh ground
- In a mixing bowl place all ingredients and mix well. Put into dry container with tight fitting lid. Keep in cool dry place up to 2 months.
Serves approx. 8 people
Recipe by Chef Wayne Johnson.