Fennel and Red Onion Baked Shrimp
- 2 lbs Shrimp 16/20, peeled and deveined
- 3 each Fennel bulbs (no tops), ¼ “ slices, crosswise
- 3 each Onion, red, ¼” slices, crosswise
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt, kosher
- ¼ tsp Black pepper, fresh ground
- Preheat oven to 450˚.
- In a mixing bowl toss fennel, red onion, salt, pepper and ½ cup of olive oil together.
- Lay the fennel mixture on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Toss shrimp with remaining oil and lay shrimp single layer over fennel mixture.
- Place into the oven for about 6-8 minutes until shrimp are pink and firm.
Recipe by Chef Wayne Johnson of Eat Seattle.