Halibut, Pea Puree, Smashed Potatoes
4 6-7 oz halibut per person- skin removed
1 T smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
3 T vegetable oil
1 C English Peas- shelled
1 tsp salt
1 Head Garlic
1 T olive oil
1 shallot- minced
2 T lemon juice
¾ C chicken stock
5 mint leaves
Directions for Puree
Preheat oven to 375.
Place garlic in oven with olive oil to roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add 4 roasted cloves to blender.
Prepare an ice bath
Over medium high heat bring 3 Q of water to a boil
Salt water and add peas to cook for 1 minute. Drain and add to ice bath,.
Drain. Add peas to blender.
Sautee minced shallots in olive oil over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add to blender.
Add lemon juice, chicken stock and mint to blender. Taste and season with salt if needed.
1 pound fingerling potatoes or baby reds
1 T salt
½ C vegetable oil
- Bring 3 Q of water to a boil . Salt water and add potatoes.
- Cook until tender and can easily be pierced with a fork. Strain out water.
- Smash each fingerling with back of fork
- In separate pan heat oil over medium high heat until very hot. Add potatoes to fry for 3 minutes on each side until brown and crispy.
- Remove potatoes from oil with slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Salt while hot.
Heat oven to 325 degrees
Combine salt and paprika. Rub this mixture on halibut right before cooking.
Heat oil in stainless steel or cast iron skillet over high heat. Once hot, place halibut flesh side down to cook for 2 minutes. Baste the oil over the fish with a spoon. Flip fish over to cook for another 2 minutes. Place halibut in the oven for 4 more minutes to cook. Internal temperature should read 120 degrees
Plating- spread a layer of pea puree on plate, top with halibut and surround with smashed potoates. Garnish with mint sprig