Lemony Halibut with Bitter Greens and Fennel Salad
Recipe by 10 Day Health Challenge.
- 1 lbs. of halibut
- ½ of a preserved lemon
- ½ cup loose parsley leaves
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T honey
- Sea salt and pepper
- Mixed greens or spinach
- Radicchio or other bitter winter green
- Sliced apples
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced fennel
- Chopped almonds
- Dress with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Remove the rind from the preserved lemon and finely dice. Mince the parsley. In a small bowl combine the lemon rind and parsley with the olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Mix with a fork, dissolving the honey into the olive oil.
- Salt and pepper the halibut fillets, then brush on the lemon herb marinade. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the fish is opaque all the way through.