Pacific Northwest Dungeness Crab Cakes
- 1 lb crab meat, Dungeness, fresh shelled, squeeze out excess water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs, extra for rolling cakes
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup red bell pepper, 1/8” diced
- 1 cup red onion, 1/8” diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp salt, kosher
- pinch of black pepper, fresh ground
- olive oil
- Break up crabmeat looking for cartilage, then squeeze crab of excess liquid.
- Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl. Roll into roughly 1.5 oz. cakes and roll in Panko.
- Label, date and refrigerate, or simply refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cooking
- Once ready to cook, heat and coat pan with Olive Oil, then place crab cakes on hot pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
Recipe makes roughly 11-12 crab cakes
Recipe by Chef Wayne Johnson.