Recipe submitted by Serena Burns of www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com
- 1 pound Linguine cooked in salted water and liquid reserved
- 1 pound Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Shallot
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Zest of 1 Whole Lemon grated
- 1 1/2 cups Pasta Water Reserved
- 3/4 cup White Wine (Pinot Grigio is good)
- Juice of 1 Whole Lemon
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Cook pasta in salted water till 1 minute short of al dente approximately 8 minutes.
- While pasta cooks heat butter and olive oil in pan over high heat. Add shallot and saute until lightly browned. Add lemon zest, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Cook shrimp until almost pink on 1 side and turn about 2-3 minutes. When shrimp are almost cooked ( still a bit translucent) remove to a bowl and set a side.
- Add pasta water, white wine, and pasta to the pan shrimp was in and toss to coat. Cook for about 1-2 minutes over medium low heat with a lid until most liquid has been absorbed and a sauce has formed. Add parsley and shrimp. Finish cooking shrimp and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top and top with parmesan.
- Hint if pasta is too dry from over cooking add 1/4 cup additional pasta water.