What's In Season - Summer Seafood
Some of the most popular seafood types come into season during the spring and summer months. Lucky us! Right now, fresh – not frozen – Wild Alaskan Halibut is available as is fresh Copper River King and Sockeye Salmon. But, don’t delay - Copper River King Salmon will run out in a just a couple days.
Wild, Fresh Alaskan Halibut is such a popular dish. Prepare it simply with lemon, make fish n’ chips out of it, or even fish tacos!
- Olive-Oil Poached Halibut with Olives, Capers, and Artichokes
- Halibut With Spicy Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette from Real Simple
- Cornmeal-Crusted Halibut Cheeks with Mama Lil’s Dipping Sauce
- Halibut Fish Tacos with Cilantro Savoy Slaw from Food Network
Copper River King or Sockeye Salmon – both are absolutely decadent and impressive. There is a reason this is the most famous fish in the world! Definitely try this salmon with as little on it as possible for starters just to see how rich and delicious it can be. Other great cooking ideas…
- Cedar Planked Salmon from the Grill
- Poached Salmon with White Wine Butter from Foodista
- Seared Copper River Salmon with Onions and Rhubarb from Food Network
- Guajillo Wild Salmon with Chipotle Cream by Chef Erik Carlson at Teatro ZinZanni Seattle