Salmon with Indi Chocolate Rub
- 10 Salmon filets (6-7 oz filets)
- 2 T Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp indi chocolate Pacific rub (per filet), add pinch of salt
- 3 Onions (sliced)
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T Salt
- 1 tsp herbs of provence
Basil Oil Ingredients
- 1 C Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad Ingredients
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Caramelize the onions: over medium-high heat melt butter. Add onions. Cook until soft. Add salt, sugar, and white wine. Reduce heat and cook for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Making Basil Oil: Add Basil, Lemon and seasoning to food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Making the salad: heat the oven to 375-400 degrees. Place corn and tomatoes on foiled baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut the kernels off the cob and place them with tomatoes in a bowl. Toss with Basil oil.
- Salmon cooking: heat oil up over high heat. Sear salmon on both sides. For 3 minutes. Cook for 5 minutes in oven at 325 degrees.
- Serve salmon on a bed of caramelized onions and the corn and tomato mixture. Garnish with basil chiffonade (basil folded and sliced in thin strips).
Recipe by Chef Liz McCune, founder of Eat Seattle.