- 2 lbs king salmon (skin off)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place Salmon on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15- 20 minutes until Salmon is between 120-125 degrees internal temperature. Let cool and place in fridge until cold. Once cold, shred Salmon with fingers making sure to remove any pin bones in the process.
- ½ C green onion- sliced
- 1 bell pepper- brunoised (small squares)
- 1 garlic clove –minced
- 1 T olive oil
- ¼ C mayo
- 1 C breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 sprigs dill- minced
- salt & pepper butter
- Sautee first four incredients (all vegetables and oil) over medium heat until soft (5 minutes). Let cool.
- Add cooled vegetables, cooled salmon, Mayonnaise, Old Bay, red pepper flakes, and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Form cakes and set on plate. Cover and let the formed patties sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat sautee pan or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add butter. Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side until browned and warmed through. Serve on bun, sliced red onions, avocado and tarter sauce.
Recipe by Chef Liz McCune, founder of Eat Seattle.