Beer Battered Pacific Cod
2-3 cups canola oil (more as needed)
3 cups flour
1/2 oz salt
6 tbsp Smoked Paprika
6 tbsp black pepper
36 oz Kilt Lifter (from Pike Place Brewing)
Oven Roasted Fries Ingredients
6 lb Russet Potatoes, cut into thick wedges
3 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 Sprig fresh thyme, picked and chopped
Northwest Fiesta Aioli Ingredients
2 cups Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
Juice and Zest of 1 lime
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
0.5 oz MarketSpice “Carne Asada” seasoning blend
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the Cod filets dry and season with salt.
- Bring a pan to medium high heat with 1 cup of canola oil (oil temp should be 350-375)
- Combine flour with spices and beat in the eggs with a whisk.
- Slowly add beer while whisking to combine into a thin batter.
- Coat the filets in a thin layer of batter and pan fry in oil for 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Pat dry with a paper towel and serve warm.
Oven Roasted Fries Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Arrange wedges on a sheet tray so they are not touching.
- Drizzle with oil and salt generously
- Roast for 25-25 minutes until wedges brown and get crispy.
Northwest Fiesta Aioli Directions
Whisk all ingredients together and balance with salt and black pepper as necessary.