Cajun Blackened Salmon
- 4 7-8 oz king salmon filets- skin on
- 1 T Smoked Paprika
- 1 T Cayenne
- ¼ tsp Garlic salt
- ½ tsp Thyme (fresh preferred to dried)
- ½ tsp Oregano (fresh preferred to dried)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 T Butter (melted)
- Garnish- Lemon and minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 T butter for cooking
- Mix all ingredients together. Rub over Salmon. Brush melted butter onto Salmon and press rub onto Salmon.
- Add 2 T butter to stainless steel pan over medium high heat. Add Salmon flesh side down when butter and pan are very hot and almost smoking. Cook salmon for 3 minutes on the flesh side and turn filets and finish for 6 minutes skin side down. Baste the Salmon with the oil while cooking. Salmon is done when thermometer reads 118-120 degrees F. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe by Chef Liz McCune, founder of Eat Seattle.