Citrus Cured Salmon
- 1 lbs King or Sockeye Salmon
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- zest of 2 oranges
- 2T fine ground coriander
- 1T fine ground peppercorn
- Mix all in a bowl except for the salmon.
- In the bottom of a container big enough, place the salmon on a bed of the salt/sugar mixture. Cover the salmon with the remaining salt/sugar mixture and leave covered in your fridge for 3 days.
- After 3 days, rinse salmon with cold water and thinly slice.
Presentation: you can serve this in a variety of ways for an appetizer:
- Served as salmon carpaccio on its own
- Served in endives (or croustini) with cream cheese and green onions (or chives)
- Served with salad or microgreens
Recipe by Chef Jay Midwood of Eat Seattle.