Grilled Shrimp With Coconut Rice
- 1 lb Shrimp (deveined)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ habenaro pepper
- ½ lime zested
- 1 T brown sugar
- ½ C olive oil
Coconut Rice Ingredients
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 ¼ C Unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 T unsweeted coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C rice
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- Rinse rice thoroughly in mesh colander until water runs clear.
- In sauce pan, combine coconut milk, water, salt, unsweetened coconut and rice and heat over medium heat. Once simmering, reduce heat to low and cover with lid. Cook for 15 minutes then turn off heat. Fluff with fork and mix in chopped cilantro.
- Marinade Combine ingredients and add deveined shrimp. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to 450-500 degrees. Add individual Shrimp to the grill and cook for 90 seconds on each side. It’s useful to use a timer as they can quickly over cook.
- Grill up andy vegetables and serve with rice.
Recipe by Chef Liz McCune of Eat Seattle.