Halibut and Spot Prawn Ceviche with Corn Salad
- 10 oz Halibut (skin off)
- 10 P&D Shrimp or Spot Prawns
- 3 Limes, juiced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Jalepeno, minced
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ C Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado for garnish
- Tortilla chips
Roasted Corn Ingredients
- 2 Corn Cobs
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Jalapeño
- squeeze of lime juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Tajin seasoning (optional)
- Cut Halibut and Shrimp into small pieces. Cover with lime juice and let sit for 3-5 hours until cooked with acidic juices.
- Toss tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- When Halibut and Shrimp are ready, add to the tomato mixture with a slotted spoon. Toss and serve on top of corn salad.
- Corn Salad: roast corn on the grill over high heat for 7-10 minutes. Remove kernals from the cob with a knife. Halve and deseed bell pepper and place on the grill as well for 5-7 minutes until charred. Place pepper in a plastic bag to steam for 5 minutes. Remove the skin from the pepper and mince into small pieces. Combine the corn, pepper, and minced jalapeño. Add a squeeze of lime and seasoning.
- Serving: Add the corn salad to the base. Spoon on the ceviche. Garnish with lime, avocado, tortilla chips, and sprinkle with Tajin.
Recipe by Chef Liz McCune, founder of Eat Seattle.