Seared Halibut With Summer Succotash
- 1 Lbs Fresh Halibut - 2 Steak Cut
- 1 Ea Corn – Yellow or White- Kernels Removed
- 1 Ea Carrot – Medium Diced
- 1 Ea Fennel Bulb – Medium Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Diced
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Whole
- 4 Garlic Cloves – Thin Sliced
- Avocado Oil for Cooking
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using a spice grinder combine salt, black pepper, and fennel seed. Grind until it is a fine dust.
- Pat dry Halibut Steaks and rub generously with Fennel Spice mixture on both sides. Let rest about 5 minutes.
- Heat Avocado Oil in Deep Sautee Pan over Medium High Heat. Look for wisps, and then reduce heat to slightly.
- Gently place Halibut into pan and sear about 3-4 minutes. (Fish is ready to flip when you jiggle the pan and the fish moves.)
- Once the first side is nicely seared remove, from pan onto a plate.
- Add remaining ingredients (corn, fennel, carrot, bell pepper, garlic, and any remaining spice mixture). Cook until fragrant – about 3-4 minutes.
- Once fragrant, add Halibut on top of Succotash, sear side up and place in over to finish cooking. About 6-8 minutes – the fish will be opaque and flaking.
- Remove from oven, plate and enjoy!
Recipe by Seattle Chef Joe.