Salmon with Scalloped Potato
- 1 Yukon Gold Potato, peeled
- 4 Fresh Salmon fillets (5-6 oz each), skinless
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the potato very thin - we recommend using a mandolin.
- Place your fresh Salmon fillet on plastic wrap, season with salt and pepper, and cover with the thinly slice scalloped potatoes on both sides of the skinless fillet. Wrap the potato-covered Salmon fillet tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- After 20-30 minutes, heat skillet and add some cooking oil - sear fillet, about 2 minutes per side, then place in a 400 degree oven for 5-6 minutes.
- NOTE: any left over potato can be pan fried on its own and served with the salmon.
Recipe by Chef Liz McCune of Eat Seattle.